Monday, November 30, 2009

Leaving Shore

I've been on a few cruise ships, and have always found it exciting when the ship leaves dock for the first time. Just the fact that something that big is moving is amazing. But, with the music playing, people waving and the great views, it's an inspiring experience.

Here are some pictures from a recent trip to Mexico. They look best if you click on them to view larger. We were second in line to get out of the port at Ft. Lauderdale. First was the Celebrity ship next door. The light at sundown was amazing.
There were a lot of people waving (from the other ship also). This guy seemed to make a special trip to come wave. Maybe he was talking to someone on board?
We seemed to be in a race with this speed boat. It was a bit speedier than us, but he suffered when it came to onboard entertainment. It seemed to me that it was levitating over the water. The slow shutter speed and panning along with the boat made a rather cool effect.
People on deck, of course, were walking around, pointing, and looking.
And, there were some people who managed to get to the bar.

1 comment:

Leila Franca said...

Hi John, I haven't been here in your blog since few weeks ago, but I didn't forget you! ah! I have been busy with my own blog (in portuguese) because I got some readers and comments to answer every day.

Your pictures are amazing as always, but as I told you in the post you wrote before, I think the ships are so beautiful, but i wouldn't travel in one of them... Just to see those grey clouds in the sky I would be nervous..haha