Sunday, October 12, 2008

Sotheby's Catalog


I received the Sotheby's catalog that included the picture of the Berlin Wall that I previously wrote about. I really didn't understand why they wanted the picture. It was cleared up when I received their splendid catalog of 20th Century Italian Art. These include works of art that are up for auction. My photo was included as atmosphere for a painting by Italian artist, Mimmo Rotello, of the Wall (titled "Il Muro di Berlino"). This is the London Sotheby's so all prices are in British Pounds but it works out that the original would cost at least $150,000. (My photo was available to them for considerably less).

I was extremely impressed by the quality of the book. High quality glossy paper stock, well written descriptions, and the surrounding material makes it an interesting work of art in itself. It makes me almost want to buy one of the paintings in the book. I guess that's the idea.

No comments: